With the New Year a lot of people sit down and prepare resolutions. I don’t like resolutions because they don’t feel like goals. When I sit down to do this task I write goals for both me personally and my business. I want to achieve success with my business and I have found it doesn’t happen without goals in place.
Here are some tips for creating business goals you’ll be able to work and reach.
1. You’ll need a piece of paper, a notebook, or your computer so you can jot down everything that comes to mind.
2. To get started with your goals, you need to brainstorm. Write down everything you’d like to accomplish in the New Year. It’s a good practice to write everything that comes to mind no matter if you think it’s stupid or not achievable.
3. Once this list is complete, it’s time to review it to see what you want to do this year and what should wait until next year. You’ll need to redo your list placing things in two categories. One category is for the New Year and the other is for future years.
4. Next you’ll need to take the New Year list and put it in order so you know what you want to accomplish and in what order.
5. Now you’ll need to put deadlines for each goal. It’s important you give yourself plenty of time to achieve your goals. There’s nothing worse than setting a goal and not giving yourself enough time to complete it. It’s discouraging to say the least.
6. Once your deadlines are in place it’s time to break down each goal. It’s easier to achieve a daily or weekly goal than it is to work with a monthly, quarterly, or yearly goal. The smaller the goal is the easier it is to achieve.
7. If you set weekly goals it’s a good idea to break them down into days so you know each day what needs to happen to achieve it. Now remember your goal may not need to be broken down any further and that’s ok if it doesn’t. The important thing is to try if you can.
8. Now that you have your yearly goals broken down into daily and weekly goals you need to rewrite it and make it readable. If you hand wrote your goals you should type them out so there is no question as to what you meant.
Business goals help you achieve more and grow. When you don’t know what you want out of your business, you’re not going to see the growth and that may cause you to stop working your business. Setting goals doesn’t take as long as you may thing. The best thing to do is just sit down and do it.
Corrie Petersen runs a successful Virtual Assistant business and she’s the owner of WAHM-Articles.com. She enjoys helping her clients reach success through the tasks she offers. If you’re ready to outsource tasks so you can reach your goals, click here to visit her site.